We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies. Our websites are general websites and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective national laws.
2 How we process your personal information
We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you and provide you with our Services, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good. This includes:
• To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customise site content that includes items and services that you may like in response to actions that you take.
• To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service.
• When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail, and via mobile push notifications.
• When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialled or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement and as authorised by applicable law. Message and data rates may apply.
• To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
• We use general location information to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content).
• To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, money laundering and terrorism financing or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
• Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
• Personalise, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customisation preferences.
• Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you vouchers, coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorised by applicable law.
• Contact you about public policy matters, or other current events, related to your ability to use our Services. This could include an invitation to join a petition, letter writing, call or other sort of public policy related campaigns.
• Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
• Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analysing open and click rates).
• Measure sellers' performance (e.g. by using shipment tracking information that sellers and shipping providers send or provide through Airshopper).
• Monitor and improve the information security of our site and mobile applications.
• Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, SMS, or text.
• Provide you with marketing from third parties.
• Customise third party advertising you might see on third party websites.
• Use your precise geo-location to provide location-based services.
• Use your sensitive personal information to facilitate transactions in certain categories.
We respect your right to access, correct, request deletion or request restriction of our usage of your personal information as required by applicable law. We also take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date.
• You have the right to know what personal information we maintain about you.
• We will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format on request.
• If your personal information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it.
• You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information, though which may disable yourself on enjoying some the service, application or tools provided by Airshopper.
• You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our Services.
• You can see, review, and change most of your personal information by signing into your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate. Keep in mind, once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it.
• We will honour any statutory right you might have to access, modify, or erase your personal information. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable laws.
• If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorised under this privacy notice and our User Agreement.
• Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable laws.
3 How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We attempt to minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
• Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support).
• Help detect, investigate, mitigate, and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, and data security breaches.
• Provide you personalised advertising.
• Improve their products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications.
• send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them or if otherwise permitted by the law.
• Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows:
(1) Facilitate third party service providers to help us to provide our services, payment processing, assist us in providing customise advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, other business operations
(2) Facilitate third party financial institutions with whom we partner to offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third-party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services
• Facilitate third party shipping providers (e.g., DHL, UPS, USPS, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased and other delivery related communications.
• Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorised by law.
• Comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property or safety
• To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorised third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, username history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history
• To facilitate an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose seller's name, street address, city, state, postcode, country, phone number, email address and company name to the relevant parties.
• To credit agencies or bureaus as authorised by applicable laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file)
• To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity
• Other Airshopper users as authorised by you or your use of our Services
• When transacting with another user, the other user may request that we provide him/her with information about you necessary to complete the transaction, such as your name, account ID, email address, contact details, delivery and billing address, or other information from you needed to promote the reliability and security of the transaction
• If a transaction fails, is put on hold, or is later invalidated, we may also provide the other user with details of the unsuccessful transaction
• To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, and to assess and manage risk, including to alert you if fraudulent activities have been detected on your Airshopper accounts or accounts with other parties engaged by Airshopper to provide service
• To provide customer services, including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g., billing, or transactional disputes)
• To facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our Services
• To facilitate delivery and related services for purchases you made using Wechat Pay or Alipay
• Change of ownership
• If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our global privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this privacy notice with respect to your personal information. If we intend to handle your personal information for any purposes not covered in this privacy notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
4 How do we protect your personal information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls.
5 Possible results when you share your information on Airshopper
Other users may have access to the information you share on Airshopper.
• When you use our Services, your public user ID may be displayed and available to the public and associated with all of your public Airshopper activity. Notices sent to other users about suspicious activity and notice violations on our sites may refer to your public username and specific items. If you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name may then be able to identify your identity.
• To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, delivery and financial information as necessary to facilitate your transactions and collect payments. However, when users are involved in a transaction, they have access to each other's name, username, email address and other contact and delivery information.
6 Your responsibilities over transactional information you receive through Airshopper
When you transact with another user, we enable you to obtain or we may provide you with the personal information of the other user (such as their name, account ID, email address, contact details, delivery and billing address) to complete the transaction. Independent from us, you are the controller of such data and we encourage you to inform the other user about your privacy practices and respect their privacy. In all cases, you must comply with the applicable privacy laws, and must give the other user a chance to remove them from your database and them a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You may use the personal information that you have access to only for Airshopper transaction-related purposes, or for other services offered through Airshopper (such as escrow, delivery, fraud complaints, and member-to-member communications), and for purposes expressly consented by the user to whom the information relates. Using personal information of other users that you have access to for any other purpose constitutes a violation of our User Agreement.
We do not tolerate abuse of our Services. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (email or postal), call, or send him/her text messages for commercial purposes, even if this user purchased something from you, unless the user has given his/her explicit consent. Sending unwanted or threatening email and text messages is against our User Agreement. To report Airshopper-related spam or spoof emails please contact our customer service.